Thursday, July 2, 2009

We are having a BABY BOY!!!

So it has taken me FOREVER to get back on here...but here we are and I do apologize! We actually found out the sex of our baby on June 9 (our 2nd year anniversary!) Talk about a great anniversary present!!! Here is the little guy:

Ta-da!!! He is definitely a boy! Lol...I wish I would have taken a video into the ultrasound room when we found out because David's reaction was priceless!!! He was ecstatic...I told him he was happier today then at our wedding! =) He saw it right away as soon as the doctor did it and as soon as she said "It's a boy!" David actually cheered like woo-hoo! and his smile was from ear to ear!! It was great...he even high-fived the nurse that was in the room!!! That so far has to be my favorite memory of this pregnancy. As for myself, to be honest...I was a little in shock...I was thinking OMG...I am really pregnant! Well obviously I knew I was, but now that this little person had a gender attached to it...it made it that much more of a reality (if I am making any sense...) So after this was all done lets just say we are both extremely happy!!!!

After leaving the doctors office I called Beth first because she had been dying to know...then I called my cousin Jass because she was going to help us with our little "announcing the sex" project. We decided to make cupcakes and fill it with either blue of pink icing depending on the gender...so of course we filled them with BLUE! Here is what the cupcake looked like after taking a bite!
We were at Nanay's (my grandma) house making them so we surprised her first. It was funny because while we were making the cupcakes I told Jass that I didn't think we put enough filling...and in the video you can see Nanay biting in and not finding the icing...lol...but we think she just got a defected one! Check out the video below! First is Nanay...then we went to Beth's house where my whole family gathered plus Lolo (my grandpa). Sorry if its too loud during that part of the video...but that is always how it is with my crazy family! Last on the video was David's parents finding out. I LOVED everyone's reaction, but my favorite part of this has to be the icing on everyone's face as they say with cupcake in their mouth "its a boy" all muffled up!! This could almost double as a GOT MILK? commercial!


Here are just a couple pics of the kids and Lolo with the cupcake mustaches! Enjoy!!! So keep a look out for more to come as we try and figure out what to name our baby boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment