Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Milestones in Janurary and 3 months old

So being new parents we are always reading all these parenting books just to make sure we know what we are doing.  Let me tell you, not everything you can learn from a book...a lot of it is learn as you go, especially because each baby is different.  This month Luke did hit a couple milestones that we were so excited about!  Some were very simple, but then again when he just smiles everyone gets all giddy over it!  With all the new research on SIDS it is a known rule now that it is "Back to Sleep" Because of this new rule babies don't spend as much time on their tummys like they used to.  Now as parents we have to allow our babies some tummy time so they can workout their neck muscles to hold their head up and keep it steady.  This is NOT one of Lukey's favorite past times...he usually would last about 30 seconds until he was crying and whining facedown on the blanket!!!  We would still try a couple times a day to get him to work on lifting his head and the time would gradually increase....but he still is not a fan.  So early January I do tummy time with him and see this:
then slowly this:
and then all the way up!

I was soooo excited and happy for my strong boy that I must have taken a million pics of the same pose! LOL...talk about mamarazzi! And just because he gets better everyday he still can only do it for so long, but here is another pic to enjoy of Luke and his tummy time.

and this is how I know he has had enough...(I know I'm mean =P)

Another milestone that we were excited about is he can now grasp things...and bring them to his mouth! I know, I know...not that big...but for us it was, so we documented it with pictures =)
In this picture he is looking at me like "what are you doing?"

And I just had to get a close-up of his chubby little hands grabbing his toy.

And this is just a start to the many more milestones to come!!!
Here are a couple shots of Luke for his 3 month "photo shoot" at Auntie Beth's house, he is getting so big!!!

1 comment:

  1. aww...i miss Luke!! So Cute! His hair is getting long!! =) Happy 4 months Lukey! (tomorrow lol)

    ReplyDelete