Monday, April 9, 2012

Let's rewind a little...or maybe a lot! ZACHARY RYAN

I'm obviously not going to through EVERY little thing that has happened since my last post. But I will definitely be going over the important stuff. So lets start with the most important thing that had happened (minus that last "testing" post) The birth of our 2nd son Zachary Ryan.  So be prepared for LOTS OF PICTURES in this post!

I had an unplanned C-section with Luke so this time around I had a planned C-section.  I was a little nervous because the first time around with Luke I had so many complications. BUT this time around I switched doctors and went to the doctors I used to work with.  We had a scheduled appointment for August 1st...funny little side note. The Giants were running this contest called the World Championship Baby. It was a contest to see who would become the World Championship Baby which basically means the baby born 9 months from Nov. 1st 2010 which means Aug. 1st. So we asked Dr. Sapan if she could do it then and she was nice enough to do it on Aug. 1st. We didn't win but it was cool to say we tried ;-) We even got this cool onesie:
This was of course when Zach was 2 months old.
So back to Zachary's birth story, I had to be at the hospital at 5am on Aug. 1st. The c-section was supposed to be done at around 7:30am.  Here I am with my last pregnant picture with Zach right before going to the hospital:

We got there and they checked us in and then we sat in our room getting ready for them to call us in. We started a little late and got into the operating room around 8:15ish.  Here I am waiting...

They brought me in first with my nurse and got me prepped and gave me a spinal. I was really scared and was a little sad b/c David wasn't in there (he was getting all his stuff) while they gave me the spinal but my nurse and the anesthesiologist were AWESOME. Soon I was laying on the bed and just waiting, David came in and they did the touch/feeling test and I wasn't feeling anything. Then Dr. Sapan came in and I felt a little more comfortable knowing a friend and someone I trusted was doing my C-section.  She got started and I was holding David's hand...I felt some tugging and pulling but no pain whatsoever.  Then after what seemed like just a couple minutes Dr.Sapan said "David look up". I was thinking "no way can it be time already! oh my gosh I'm about to meet my baby!!!" David says he saw her pull baby Zach out of me and then I heard him cry and I got all emotional.  It all happened so fast! Then she was about to close me up but she had some stuff to fix from my last C-section with Luke. So David went  and took pictures of Zach while he was getting all cleaned and measured and I got fixed up.  It all really only took about 30-45 minutes and Zachary Ryan entered into our family at 7lbs 4oz and 19 inches tall!  Here are some shots Daddy David got: 
A few seconds old!

Meeting Zachary Ryan for the first time

Zachary's first bath
We stayed at the hospital for 2 days and went home on my 29th birthday. While we were at the hospital we had lots of visitors but the most important visitor was our first visitor...BIG BROTHER LUKE! 
Lukey was so gentle with his baby brother.
When Zachary was born I thought he looked EXTREMELY different than Luke when he was born.  He was more...for lack of a better word...white! LOL Here is a fun picture showing the two of them a few hours born!

It was so nice to have all our family come visit us. We are very lucky and blessed =)















We went home and were greeted with my family! They all came to celebrate my 29th birthday with me. Beth even made me my favorite chocolate cake, Yummy!!!!
Zachary Ryan on our way home...LOOK HOW SMALL HE WAS!!!!

Zachary and Connor 2 weeks apart

Happy Birthday to me!
The next day we received some flowers from David's Squadron, 301st. That was so nice of them and such a nice surprise!

Then of course the next day we had more cake! It was Daddy David's 29th birthday! And Jassy got to meet Zachary.


No comments:

Post a Comment